Thursday 18 September 2014

LET'S GET MOTIVATED! #1: FEEL LOVED?..


"Hey everyone! My name is Penny, I love and I feel loved.."
If I ever found the courage to participate in one of those self awareness groups, that would be my introduction statement.
Everyone knows, myself included, that human relationships are just hard! Making a friend? Hard.. Finding your significant other? Hard.. Getting along with your family all the time? Hard.. Even getting along with yourself all the time? Extremely hard!!..
So how can we handle human interaction? How can we distinguish those people that are good for us and those that are not? How can we find satisfaction in any kind of a relationship?
Well in my humble, non-professional opinion I think I found the way. Unconditional love does not cut it for me. I want to be crazy about someone and for the other one to be crazy about me! That's what does it for me. In my life I'm searching for relationships that make me feel loved, enough (even more than enough), respected, were my opinions count and are worth noticing, I'm looking for friends that cannot live without me, that want my advice, need my influence in their lives.
And in exchange I am theirs! Anytime of the day, under any conditions. 
You see feeling loved and well respected gives me the courage to move on in a really difficult everyday life, were all the obstacles are ready to ruin everything I work so hard for. I feel I have someone to rely on and to share my problems with.
 And in return loving someone back (my husband, my friends, my family) gives me the strength to build new things, to take chances, to progress as a person. It's amazing to have someone bringing out the best in you.

For many years this has been my favorite quote: "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage". So I try to keep that in mind every time someone declares their loyalty to me. I always ask myself  "Do I love them and do they love me?". If I do and they do.., well then lucky us!! :):)
Xx
PeMi


The opinions written are my own. I'm by no means an expert in human psychology 



4 comments:

  1. Aw what a lovely post - the first paragraph especially rings true! All relationships are hard, but I think that's good because it shows you're passionate about that friend/partner. If you weren't bothered about having that person in your life, then you wouldn't make such an effort and it would be easy to leave them behind.

    Natalie | Just a Thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You' re right! Every good relationship needs hard work and effort. Nothing is handed to us..
    Xx
    PeMi

    ReplyDelete