Thursday 2 October 2014

LET'S GET MOTIVATED! #3: YOU WANT IT... DO IT


I cannot count the times that I decided to start this blog in the past and dismissed the idea.
"Will people like it? Will it be awful? Will I be able to express in writing what I' m thinking? Am I too old to start a blog?". So many questions that held me back for months. And I was unhappy. Genuinely unhappy. 
It is so common for people not to do what they like, because someone might make fun of them, or they won't get the response and the appreciation that they expect. Everyone, myself included, hates the idea of rejection, because it instantly makes them feel inadequate and small.
But it doesn't have to be this way. 
Doing something you love, is liberating. Personally it gave me inspiration. It made me start thinking, searching, reading and wanting to learn more. It is amazing to be able to spend some of my time, doing something that makes me smile. It's actually an investment, psychologically and mentally, as it helps me decompress after a long, hard day, communicate my feelings, my thoughts, to be funny, to be serious and through that I express myself to others, hoping that they will understand me and feel the same thing. And if they don't, well really.. it's OK. I can't expect everyone to agree with my opinions.
I find there is nothing healthier than making yourself and others happy. And although work and responsibilities consume most of our time, we can always stop just for a second, reflect on our lives, find out what makes us happy and just do it..

Xx
PeMi

This post concludes the Let's Get Motivated trilogy. If you want more.. just ask :):)


The opinions written are my own. I'm by no means an expert in human psychology


No comments:

Post a Comment